Tuesday, October 26, 2010

yahoo vs google finance

If i were to do research on finance using any site i would most likely chose to use Yahoo Finance. I would use yahoo finance because it came highly recommended by my professor and I have been using it for almost all of my business papers thus far. I also really like using yahoo finance because it seems very clear and the sources are all very reliable. At first glance when you access yahoo finance everything is right there in front of you, no searching around, though that's just aesthetics.
I would not use Google finance for a few reason. The main reason being that my teacher recommended against using yahoo finance because she thought that it was very opinionated, and i high agree. after browsing the sight very briefly i noticed that there seems to be opinionated articles like my teacher suggested. The overall feel of the website is also not that friendly, i like the very easy user base that the yahoo finance website offers, making it easier to find information on just what your looking for. Like said previously, that's just aesthetics. unfortunately for Google finance, ease of use is very important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment